O365 – Built In SaaS offerings
- Productivity and Social Networking Solutions – Teams , Yammer, Delve, Sway
- Infrastructure Solutions – Enterprise Mobile Security – EMS and InTune
- Security Solutions – Exchange Online Protection (EOP), O365 Advanced Threat Protection
- App Platform and Productivity Tools – SQL Enterprise, BingMaps – Enterprise wide license, OneDrive storage – 1TB per user.
- Data and Analytics : MSDynamics Online
Microsoft Teams is the chat-centered workspace in Office 365. It’s the hub for chats, calls, meetings, and private and group messages that are specific to team projects. It’s extensible and customizable, and it’s secured and standards-compliant to make sure your team’s most sensitive collaboration is private.Microsoft Teams is the chat-centered workspace in Office 365. It’s the hub for chats, calls, meetings, and private and group messages that are specific to team projects. It’s extensible and customizable, and it’s secured and standards-compliant to make sure your team’s most sensitive collaboration is private.
You can control which users in your organization can use Microsoft Teams. By default, team creation is turned on. The same creation settings defined by Office 365 Groups applies to Microsoft Teams. If you want to turn off team creation for your organization, use Azure Active directory settings. The advantage of this approach is that Azure Active Directory provides a central point that all Office 365 applications can check. After a suitable policy is created, control over the creation of new Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups is consistent everywhere.
It will be possible for people to make Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents using Office Online within Yammer, and it will be easy to go from Yammer to a shared OneNote notebook or the Microsoft Planner project management tool. Team members will be able to select existing files from OneDrive and SharePoint and share them with colleagues in Yammer, too. And Yammer teams will get their own SharePoint sites, enabling them to build wikis and blogs.
Azure and O365
Azure is Microsoft’s cloud platform and is really an extension of Office 365.
- Single Sign-On and Active Directory – For those organizations running Active Directory with Office 365, Azure allows you to take that hybrid active directory infrastructure and extend it, providing single sign-on to thousands of third-party commercial SaaS applications outside of the Microsoft ecosystem.
- OneDrive (for personal storage) versus Azure Storage – Azure storage is more mature –
- Blob storage of binary files, documents or media data
- Table storage: NoSQL data
- Queue storage for messaging
- File storage for legacy applications