- WCF and Publish Subscribe– A Full Example: Introduction
- WCF Publish Subscribe–A Full Example – The Service Side Part 1 (Interface)
- WCF Publish Subscribe– A Full Example: The Service Side Part 2 (Implementation)
- WCF and Publish Subscribe–A Full Example: The Event Generator
- WCF and Publish Subscribe–A Full Example: Client Code
- WCF and Publish Subscribe–A Full Example: Running the Client (Subscriber)
Imagine that you are a magazine publishing company. Your revenue depends on subcribers – in particular, happy subscribers. To ensure that your subscribers stay happy, one of the foremost services you need to provide is timely noticification whenever a new issue is out.
What do you (the magazine publisher) need to do?
You need to implement the publisher side of the publish-subscribe pattern.
What do your customers (subscribers) need to do?
Each customer needs to implement the subscriber part of the publish-subscribe pattern.