- WCF and Publish Subscribe– A Full Example: Introduction
- WCF Publish Subscribe–A Full Example – The Service Side Part 1 (Interface)
- WCF Publish Subscribe– A Full Example: The Service Side Part 2 (Implementation)
- WCF and Publish Subscribe–A Full Example: The Event Generator
- WCF and Publish Subscribe–A Full Example: Client Code
- WCF and Publish Subscribe–A Full Example: Running the Client (Subscriber)
The purpose of the Event Generator code is to publish events (New Magazine Issue Available) that subscribers will get notified about.
- Add a new Console App (Add New Project) to the WCFPublishSubscribe solution. Call it EventGenerator.
- Copy over the app.config and the generatedProxy.cs to this new project.
- Publishing an event is as simple as invoking the Publish method (PublishMagazine) on the client (proxy class)